Thursday, October 1, 2020

Introduction to a future Music producer

 Hello to you reading this, My name is Abdulrahman Alsafi also known as Andy. I was born in the city of Baghdad, Iraq on the 18th of April 2001. However, Both sides of my family originate from Tikreet which is a county 2 hours from Baghdad towards the north of Iraq. In 2003, as a result of the American invasion, my family and I had to migrate, we moved to Sharjah, UAE, and 9 years later, in 2012, my mother and I immigrated to Dublin. Throughout my whole life, I always found interest in the performing arts, I enjoyed music, movies, TV shows, Talent shows, you name it..... I also took part in those art related activities, from school talent shows to creating my own music, I always loved the thrill of the stage. 

I like to consider myself an entertainer, I aspire to be a music artist/producer, I really find passion in entertaining those around me, whether it is singing a song or doing impressions, or anything that would change the mood of those sitting in the same room as me in the most positive way possible. I like to express my self , thoughts and emotions though my work. Recommended by a friend, CDM was really the course I was searching for when I was stuck trying to decide what I wanted to do in college. 

Semester one of college was a great semester, I met my current friends whom I have a lot of things in common with, met all types of people with different sets of creative brains ready to take over the digital world, this really inspired me to continue my journey through CDM and also made me look forward to whats to come in the next few years of the course. Studio photography was my favorite module in year one, I have always had an interest in photography and always wanted to learn about studio photography and the process a photographer follows in order to capture and produce some eye catching, unique content.

I am really looking forward to semester two on the other hand, the modules this year seem very exciting, especially Digital Video techniques and Digital Audio for me, considering I want to get into the film and music industry.

My hobbies include; making music, swimming, video games, cycling, exploring, trying new activities with my friends and much more, I consider my self an open minded person who is willing to try out new things. I also am the type of person to spark a conversation with everyone and anyone, this did not help my case in school as I was very chatty in class and never listened to my teachers. I just was not a school person.

Here is a few photos that showcase my life.

                             

                                                                           Debs 2019  

 
A photo of 8 year old me on my balcony in UAE

 
A photo of my cousin and I on a night out

 
A photo of my close friend Abdi and I in the college photography studio


 




6 comments:

  1. Hi Andy, Not gonna lie, Did I think your name was Anthony at first yes my mistake (actually Lougein's). I have listened to the music you have made I really like them, continue and well done on that. Nice to know you where not the only one that was not a school person. Also thanks for recommending the nice grey jacket glad you will not wear it again.😂 -Tochi

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Andy! To start off I want to say wow... you literally seem so creative... I'm a kind of everything person too but you really want to show it! I'm so glad you took part in a lot of activities because now, I regret that I didn't! I have also listened to your music and my personal favourite has to be 'Ya Love'! It's honestly amazing and so professional! (yes, it's on my playlist if you were wondering :) ) I'm happy you enjoyed year one and I wish you all the best for this year and the years to come in this course and your music career of course :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Andy!
    It was actually really interesting to read your blog and finding out a little bit more about you, of course I already knew some bits (like the music stuff, which of course is great). Glad to know you enjoyed first year and made such good friends, hopefully this year will be even better and you will achieve even more. I was in the same boat when it came to choosing this course, Aoibhe actually recommended it to me and it was exactly what I wanted. Wishing you all the best for the year ahead and I'm sure I'll chat to you again soon :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Andy
    Great intro it was very interesting to read about you and find out few more things about your life and your interests.In term of music I think it is very good and I think you should continue making more and more song and I'm sure one day will be all go to your concert.I heard some of your song and I think they are sick.And I agree with you that semester 2 seems to be very exciting and hopefully we learn a lot this year and find a lot of new things that we will enjoy doing.Also great pics and A really nice introduction!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hey Andy

    Just read your introduction blog and just wanted to say it was great getting to know you more, you shared a lot of stuff i didn't know about you , its great to hear you an aspiring artist, would love to hear some music man

    overall great blog all and all

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Andy, I really find your introduction blog impressive as you seem to have a lot of hobbies and you are not scared to try new things which is a good thing to have. It is also cool that you are able to discover what you've wanted to do since you were young and I think that is an advantage. I have also heard one of your songs and it was excellent! I hope you will achieve your goals for this semester and I wish you good luck!

    ReplyDelete

Reading 10

 Hi,  I have just completed the reading task for week 10, It is cool to see how far we have come in our journey of writing this book, everyo...