Friday, October 23, 2020

My Thoughts On Unity Tutorial 3

 Hi, 

I have just completed the following unity tutorials;

Lesson 2.1 Player Positioning (60 mins)

Lesson 2.2 Food Flight (70 mins)

Lesson 2.3 Random Animal Stampede (60 mins)

 I enjoyed doing these tutorials as I gained an insight on some features that I will be able to use when designing my game. I ran into a few errors with the code, none of which were significant, just small mistakes. I feel as I am getting more used to the coding side of things, my eyes are beginning to adjust to code, therefore when I look at code I am not that frazzled as I somewhat have an idea of whats going on.

I enjoyed learning how to control characters and I think the concept of that game was cool. It was also cool to learn how to add invisible barriers to set the safe area of a game, always wondered how that works when playing video games. I definitely need more practice using unity and coding which I am sure I will do a lot of later in the semester.

Overall, tutorials were clear, easy to follow and interesting to conduct, I am excited to learn more so I can get a better idea of how I can go about developing my own game.

       I was overwhelmed when I was first introduced to unity, but now I can understand a good few features of the app!



No comments:

Post a Comment

Reading 10

 Hi,  I have just completed the reading task for week 10, It is cool to see how far we have come in our journey of writing this book, everyo...