Saturday, November 21, 2020

First Playable

 Hi, 

I continued working on my game project. Fortunately I am making good progress considering my game is now actually playable. 

I managed to get all the controls of my character in place, I also applied the 'Follow player' script so the in game camera follows my character as he flies through the obstacles. 

There was something going wrong when I would press 'play' after applying the script but I figured out I needed to set the tag on 'player' in the 'Main camera' option. Which solved my problem.

                                     The view of the game from the player POV. (My own Image)

                                         Video demonstrating my playable game (My own Video)

                                                                 Click here to view video

Hopefully next week I will insert the proper obstacles, the rings. As well as design my in-game character, that being a Jenday Conure parrot.


5 comments:

  1. Hi Andy , love where your going with this project, it's not far off what i'm going for and so far i think your doing great. I really cannot wait to see what you finish up with so i can play and test out your game.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Andy, its Ellen I just read your blog about your first playable game on unity and you've gotten so far it looks great. It was smart to use things we have learned during the unity tutorials and apply it to your final game. I myself used bits from the camera scrip in the enemy sphere tutorial. Will the player be able to control the cars speed or just if it goes left or right. Cant wait to see it complete!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Andy!
    I've just finished reading your posts about your project and I'm really impressed well done :) I really like your idea and I'm excited to see how it turns out in the end. You seem to be making great progress and of course your character is going to be a parrot I love it, it's nice that its personal to you in that sense, maybe you can teach your real life bird to fly through hoops and obstacles too. Wishing you the best of luck continuing on with your project and everything else this year, thankfully were getting close to Christmas and we'll all actually get a break soon :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey Andy
    First thing first, Fantastic blog entry. your first playable looks great and you seem to have a good direction in mind and know where the game is doing. the video that you included was super helpful in explaining your thoughts regarding your game
    Overall great work so far

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Andy!
    Your firs playable looks really well and from what I can see your going in a right direction.I really like the video you provided explaining what's done and the things you have to work on in order to complete your game.I also like the gaming environment that you have created and the obstacles that you added into your game.Im excited to see more work on your game and how its gonna look when you are finish.

    ReplyDelete

Reading 10

 Hi,  I have just completed the reading task for week 10, It is cool to see how far we have come in our journey of writing this book, everyo...