Tuesday, November 24, 2020

Week 9 Reading And Writing

 Hi, 

Throughout this semester I have read and analyzed reading set for me and my class mates assigned by my lecturer followed by pieces of writings showcasing what I have learned from each reading. In this blog I will be discussing my experience with the readings and writings and the general knowledge I have gained from them, as well as how these readings and writings have impacted my game design skills.

I do not particularly enjoy the readings, however, they are interesting as they provide me with good knowledge regarding game design and development. I am more of a writer, therefore I enjoy doing my pieces of writing more than I enjoy doing the readings.

My favorite reading is the MDA reading as it outlines the most important aspects of a game in order for the game to be playable and player intractable. The MDA being; 

Mechanics describes the particular components of the game, at the level of data representation and algorithms.  

Dynamics describes the run-time behavior of the mechanics acting on player inputs and each others outputs over time.  

Aesthetics describes the desirable emotional responses evoked in the player, when she interacts with the game system.

When I struggle with something when working on my game I tend to read back on specific parts of the readings just to set me back on track with the purpose of my game. To put it into context, I tend to look back at specific parts of some readings to remind me of what a game needs in order to function which then helps me make the right decisions to further make my game player intractable.

I am very happy with how my game is coming along so far. I am looking forward to further develop my game. I have the main concept down, the game is playable. However, if you have looked at my most recent blog you may know that my character is still not complete, since the game is a flight game my character will be an exotic bird, more specifically, a Jenday Conure Parrot, based on my pet parrot Ganji. In my last blog I recorded a quick video demonstrating how my game functions, I applied grounded basic obstacles provided by unity to show an example of the purpose of my game. Hence, I need to implement the correct obstacles, that being floating rings distributed throughout the map. One major feature I still need to implement is to have the character automatically move forward when the game begins, like a runner game.

My biggest accomplishment so far in this module is my functioning game. Even though it is not yet finished I am extremely proud and happy to say that I have designed a 3D game. If I were to choose another accomplishment, it would be my blog. I feel as if my blog really showcases my journey throughout the module and it is literal proof of my progress through Multimedia Development. 

 
Just like how I started off this module, my motto is JUST DO IT. Going by this motto, it has helped me overcome procrastination and generally helped complete my work with ease. Looking forward I will still go by this motto to further develop my reading and writing skills. 
 

I am looking forward to further develop my game design skills in the upcoming months, I am excited to look back at my progress knowing I gave it my all. 

Image ref


No comments:

Post a Comment

Reading 10

 Hi,  I have just completed the reading task for week 10, It is cool to see how far we have come in our journey of writing this book, everyo...