Sunday, October 11, 2020

Feedback Thoughts

 Hi, 

I have just read some articles regarding making mistakes and how mistakes help students learn and how a fixed mindset can prevent a student from learning if they keep avoiding mistakes. 

Thinking back to secondary school, I can think of many scenarios in which I have learned from. I remember I used to make the mistake of making my sentences too long when writing English essays. My teacher always noted that when correcting my work. That feedback helped me today when writing my blogs. 

Some feedback that has helped me grow as a worker is to always be grateful to the work hours given to me. This helped me to get through the day without thinking about the hours and simply conducting my work in an organized manner. Facing off is a big factor in my workplace, a piece of advice that stuck with me is from my old job at homestore and more when my supervisor told me to always start facing off from the edge of the bay working inwards. That way it would be easier for me to track where I faced off and where I did not. 

A fixed mindset could be holding you back

I read this article which talks about how avoiding mistakes could prevent one from learning, which I agree with, sometimes when I look back at mistakes I have made I tend to wish I never made them and get disappointed for a few moments, but then I remember how it shaped me into who I am today, and it helped me overlook the fact that it was simply a mistake, and everyone makes mistakes, and everyone tends to learn from their mistakes. 


Seven ways to crush self-doubt

This article appealed to me as it showcases ways one can avoid self doubt. Like I have said before, self doubt is the most powerful tool for self destruct. In order to avoid self-doubt, one must abide by a set of mental rules that help tackle self-doubt. 

 

                                        Having a fixed mindset could prevent you from learning.


 

ref: https://www.pinterest.ie/pin/224124518935700827/?nic_v2=1a6Z0ApY8

No comments:

Post a Comment

Reading 10

 Hi,  I have just completed the reading task for week 10, It is cool to see how far we have come in our journey of writing this book, everyo...