Sunday, October 11, 2020

Potential Games Brainstorm Ideas

 Hi,

I have been asked to brainstorm some potential game ideas to develop. 

 

Motorcycle Game

A game idea that popped up in my head straight away is a motor cycle course game. Inspired by the game "Bike Race Pro" developed by Top free games. The developers of this game decided to a take the 2D route. However,  I would like to  pursue this game idea in 3D. The game would be set in the jungle, where the player or the motor cyclist would have to complete a series of obstacle courses in order to get to the finish line and pass the level. I would like there to be 5 levels. 1 being the easiest and 5 being the most difficult. The player would have 3 options of motor cyclists to choose from. 

1. The beast 

2. The pro

3. The gangster

Each of these motor cyclists would have a unique look and unique motor bikes.

The beast would be a were wolf type creature that is big, furry and angry, with bright red eyes he is eager to get through the obstacles. He would use a sports motorbike.

The pro would be a a professional motor cyclists whom is optimistic and ready to take on a challenge. He would be using a dirt bike. He simply does this for fun.

The gangster has a serious look to him, he does not tolerate non sense and is prepared to complete the course to get to his gang members on the other side of the jungle. He would be using a low rider motorcycle.

The obstacles would contain of jumps, loops, side way loops and sharp turns. 

This game would be almost like temple run where the player does not necessarily have to move forward. Once the game begins the player begins to speed forward straight away and its up to the player to navigate through the obstacles.

This video displays a motorcycle prototype created on unity.

After watching this video it motivated me to consider this game idea seeing that it can be done.


                                       Pro Biker race Game available on App store or Google play.

 
 
 
 

 Golf Game

Another game idea that I had been brainstorming is a simple golf game. This game would contain a golf course map that contains 6 holes. This idea actually came to me from playing golf, I found golf refreshing and not too complicated. It does need some practice to perfect but overall, I got a good hang of it. There is a golf game I used to play on the Ipad which would help me if I were to pursue this game idea. Although the Super Stickman Golf game is a 2D, I would develop my game to be 3D.
 
 
Super Stickman Golf


    This golf game would have 3 different avatars that the player can choose from. And when I mean avatars I mean colored stick men. Red, Green, or Blue. There would also be a variety of colors that the player can choose from for the ball. The golf map would contain of trees, sandpits, bushes, lakes and many other features that add a sense of reality to the game, making it like a real golf course. My goal for this game is to give the player a somewhat real experience of a game of golf in the golf course. But of course a virtual version, to prepare them for the real experience. After completing each hole, the number of shots it took for the player to pot the ball will be displayed at the end of each game with each hole number displayed alongside it. The game should not been to complicated, it is something fun and simple to play for anyone interested in a game of golf on their couch.  The player can use his/hers mouse to swing the club and power of the shot is determined by the maneuver of the mouse. 
 

This video provides insight for me regarding creating a golf game using unity, it looks clean, and not too complicated, motivating me to further look into this idea.


Bird Flight

 So as I was sitting brainstorming ideas for this potential game ideas, when my parrot Ganji whom is in the room inspired me to make a flying bird game. This game would be similar to the infamous 'flappy bird' released in 2014. If you have played flappy bird you may know it is a 2D game. I would develop this game to be a 3D game. The game would be simple, it would start off with the bird floating mid air and there would be a 'tap to play' instruction. Once the player taps the screen, the game begins by the bird moving forward automatically and the player would use the mouse to maneuver right or left in order to go through loops distributed within the game. If the player misses the loop and or doesn't manage to fit in time, the game ends and the score of the loops passed would be displayed afterwards, and then of course a new game would follow once the player uses the 'continue' option provided.  The setting of this game would be in the sky.  Just like my bird Ganji the colors of the bird would be that of the Jenday Conure parrot colors. There would be no different options for the type or color of bird used to play in this game. 


                                                     This is my Bird Ganji the Jenday Conure
 
 
This is an example I came across while researching flying games created in unity, it is very similar to my idea.
 
There would be no levels to this game it would be based on the high score of the person playing, this way one can compete with him/hers friends and even compete with themselves. I know how games like this operate considering I have played flappy bird and other games similar to flappy bird that provide the same concept. I really like this idea and will do further research to find the best ways to develop a game like so.


Space Shooter

While I was researching potential game ideas for unity I came across a few Tutorials showcasing creating a space shooter game. I my self do not have a lot of experience playing space shooter games but I am interested in the idea. I think this would be a good type of game to start with, especially considering the fact that I have not developed a digital game in the past. I think this would be good also because it is a popular game option to start with, meaning I can find all the help I need online. My game would consist of spaceship designed by me that has to overcome obstacles set in place. Because the game would be based in outer space, obstacles would be things such as meteors and rival spaceship flying towards the the player, and the player can destroy these obstacles using rockets provided within the spaceship. Just like Bird Flight this game would start off by the player automatically moving forward and subsequently facing these obstacles. There will be a health bar set in place within the game which determines the health of the ship. Rival spaceships will also be using rockets to destroy the players ship and meteors and asteroids and or any other space material will also do damage if it were to collide with the ship. If a player gains enough damage to destroy the ship. its game over. The game would have no different levels and would operate using high score. And of course the further one survives through the game, the more difficult it gets. Going back to the rival ship concept, I was also thinking of providing the player with a invincibility option that can be used when earned once the player has reached a certain goal or amount of point. This would only last for a minute or so, and maybe other abilities would be available but I would have to do further research to look into adding features like such.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yXWFYOkm-vs

This is a first person space shooter game that sort of demonstrates the idea I would like to pursue, Although this game is first person based, I would develop mine to be 3rd person.

 









No comments:

Post a Comment

Reading 10

 Hi,  I have just completed the reading task for week 10, It is cool to see how far we have come in our journey of writing this book, everyo...